As a Data Scientist on our solutions delivery team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on programs advancing the digital transformation of critical government systems. This program is for one of our intelligence customers.
Our delivery teams are driven to explore new ideas and technology, and care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. We follow SAFe agile practices, embrace the Ops (DataOps/DevSecOps/MLOps) to “automate-first”, use modern tech stacks, and constantly challenge each other to grow and improve.
If large-scale, data-driven projects resonate with you, and you care deeply about joining a mission-driven company with a strong growth direction and diverse culture, we'd love to learn more about you. Check out the details below, and let’s connect.
Technical members of our solutions teams require little guidance, but love to learn, collaborate, and problem solve. This position requires a senior level of experience, a passion to provide expert level data science instruction and assistance in creating curriculum and exercises, and a strong desire to solve our customers’ hardest technical and data challenges.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for assisting in curriculum creation and instruction to help students learn the collection, cleaning and munging of data to meet the Sponsor's purpose
- Duties vary according to the specific course and may include experimental frameworks for product development and machine learning with the aim to lay a strong data foundation for robust analytics to be performed.
- Senior or Expert skill level
- 5+ (Senior) or 7+ Expert) years of related experience
- Thorough (Senior)/Working (Expert) knowledge of individual, organizational, technological, or transnational issues of national security concern
- Prior experience with the Intelligence Community and methodological experience in some of the following areas: relationships and discovery (correlating, enriching and prioritizing data about activity among actors, devices or facilities to enable the discovery of structure, roles, key relationships and targets), situational awareness (unifying data into a single context, allowing the current situation to be accurately and quickly understood), systems modeling (building a computational analog of a real-world system - political, military, economic, social or technical - to understand how it operates, what it is capable of, and how it may react to shocks) and business analytics ( supporting data-driven decisions about how we can improve the business of intelligence).
- Thorough/Working knowledge of appropriate analytic methods and methodological tools in two or more (Senior)/all three (Expert) of the following areas:
- Applied mathematics ( e.g. probability and statistics, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, ordinary and partial differential equations, stochastic processes, graph theory)
- Computer programming ( e.g., scripting, data parsing/ETL, artificial intelligence, machine learning, math/statistics packages, natural language processing, software versioning, distributed computing)
- Visualization (e.g., dashboard creation, network analysis, GIS/geospatial analysis, telemetry analysis)
- Thorough/Working knowledge of Python and some of the following software/tools: SQL, R, Hadoop, Spark, Java, CIC++, Git, Bash, Tableau, ArcGIS, Unix commands
- Thorough/Working knowledge of research designs
- Thorough/Working knowledge of collection methods, capabilities, and tasking process
- Familiarity with project management concepts and principles
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions
- Ability to develop comprehensive software applications, as needed
- Ability to translate complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative (i.e., tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form
- Ability to multitask and change focus quickly as demands change
- Ability work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain internal and external professional networks including subject matter experts, collectors, and decision makers that are necessary to carry out tasks or projects
TS/SCI + Full Scope Poly Required
We're looking for a motivated Data Scientist eager to advance not only your professional career, but also the missions of our Intelligence and Defense communities. At NT Concepts, you'll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's growth, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Develop your own career path through our What’s Next program, which emphasizes person growth through training and certification
- Work on programs of importance that directly impact National Security and the world
- Work in a fun, “challenging yet rewarding” fast-paced environment
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at times.
Working at NT Concepts means that you are part of an innovative, agile company dedicated to solving the most critical challenges in National Security. We're expert leaders and problem solvers who roll up our sleeves to get the job done. We're passionate, curious, and committed to doing important work. At the same time, we're life-long learners, avid mentors, and we like to have fun.
We're looking for the best and the brightest to join us in supporting the mission of National Security. If meaningful work, initiative, creativity, and continuous self-improvement are important to your career, join our growing talent network and discover What's Next for you.