Build data-driven products and help us predict the next big thing.
At CB Insights, we build products to gauge and predict technology trends. This requires gathering information from disparate sources, analyzing it, extracting useful information and surfacing that on our platform. As a data scientist at CBI, you will help us in building models that enable this.
You will help build products that extract key insights from various unstructured data sources using your experience and expertise in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning. This will involve working on a wide range of problems including topic modeling, natural language generation, classification, entity extraction, recommender systems and others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess ability to analyze and work with unstructured data sets and generate insights by asking the right questions. The algorithms we develop lead directly to new products and services we offer as a business. So it is important for you to understand the drivers of our business deeply and be able to explain your approach to the rest of the company.
Much of our team has been with us for over 4 years, despite a white-hot tech market with options galore. Think we can attribute much of that to a teach and learn culture where the role will evolve with your interests.
If this sounds interesting, would love to hear from you!
- Build and improve models using natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning to extract insights from unstructured data
- Explore and analyze diverse datasets (news, sec filings, videos) to find patterns and develop models underlying our products
- Use best practices for training, testing and validation to build accurate and reliable models
- Understand business requirements and identify best strategies and relevant data to solve the issue at hand
- Utilize ETL, database and analytical tools to extract and transform data for analytical needs
- Collaborate and work closely with Engineering, Product and Design to create high quality reliable products.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help to identify problems and share knowledge with your colleagues.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Masters or PhD in computer science, computational linguistics or any related field
- 2+ years of professional experience working on NLP/ML projects
- Experience building and fine tuning NLP systems using conventional ML and NLP practices
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with using Spark and exposure to other big data technologies
- Knowledgeable about statistical modeling and optimization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience developing and working with NLG systems a big plus
- Experience working with data warehouses Eg: Redshift and other similar database systems
- 4H's: Happy, Helpful, Humble and Hungry
CB Insights values diversity, different perspectives, collaboration, and curiosity.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend