Less than 5 years experience • Health & Fitness
My client, a growing startup that has a strong feminist mission and sex positivity, is looking for a Data Scientist.
They are a women’s sexual health and wellness company.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
• Act as a knowledge manager in the company; a highly trusted and credible resource whose technical ability is matched only by his or her judgment and communications skills
• Apply exploratory data analysis to solve high-visibility problems that take into account our business needs, our technical capabilities, and the economics of our industry
• Communicate with business leaders to present results and recommendations
• Analyze the consumer journey funnel (Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Referral, Revenue) and actively look for opportunities to improve brand awareness as well as the customer experience.
• Use a data-driven approach to identify gaps and opportunities across all marketing initiatives.
• Identify patterns in customer behavior and shopping.
• Measure the effectiveness of each marketing initiative and campaign, identify trends, and isolate opportunities for improvement.
• Review and continually optimize digitalmarketingcampaigns, including Facebook, SEM, PLAs, AdWords, affiliate & influencer marketing, and other relevant channels.
• Support the development and maintenance of datasets and reports for consumer segmentation, consumer modeling, and test/control ROAS reporting
• Contribute to content strategy through a data lens: always thinking about how X content will produce Y result.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have an undergraduatedegree in Statistics, Marketing, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
• Be curious, resourceful, and have a killer instinct for solving problems
• Have a strong understanding of statistics, algorithm design, machine learning, and computer programming (UNIX, SQL, Python, AWS) and experience with at least three of the following software packages: Excel, R, SPSS, Mode, Tableau, Heap, Google Analytics
• Are passionate about developing data-informed hypotheses and experimenting with new approaches to targeting and messaging customers. You are relentless in searching for the best options for customer acquisition, retention, and growth.
• Have a hands-on and ‘make it happen’ attitude – someone who is scrappy and creative and prefers to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Live and breathe ‘accountability’ – say what you’ll do and do what you say
• Self-starter - ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish
• Are fun, upbeat & positive – sure, we work hard, but we also make sure to have fun along the way!
• Are able to work efficiently and effectively while holding yourself to the highest standards.
• Are someone who is reliable and has the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
• Strong written and verbal communications, outstanding organizational skills
• Proven prioritization, time management, and project management skills