Hawaiian Airlines Marketing Analytics is seeking a high-performing individual and team player to lead mathematical modeling and optimization projects across teams department-wide. This position provides advanced analytical products and services, specializing in creating innovative data-driven decision-support tools to optimize business decisions, through application of statistical and mathematical modeling.
- Provide analytical consultation, statistical/mathematical modeling, and solutions to achieve business objectives
- Research, design, develop, implement, and support decision-science models.
- Drive commercial customer data integration initiatives from ideation to production.
- Conduct research on analytical techniques and translate that research into usable, sustainable, and scalable solutions for users of production systems
- Perform data collection, data cleaning, data validation, and reporting tasks for analytical systems and applications
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify patterns and trends in customer behavior
- Lead the analysis and validation of statistical, forecasting, and optimization models
- Communicate analytical results to business partners and clients
- Serve as technical consultant in the fields of marketing analytics, data science, and decision analytics.
- Design and develop advanced data mining, forecasting, estimation, simulation, and/or optimization models
- Provide science calibration support for decision-science models
- Identify and apply best practices in field of advanced analytics
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Industrial Engineering/Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, Decision Science, Computer Science, Computational Economics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in applying advanced analytics to support business decisions, yielding measured outcomes improvement
- Expert?level fluency in applying advanced multivariate statistical analysis (logistic & linear regression, decision tree, cluster analysis, ANOVA) to categorize, classify, and detect relationships in large datasets
- Proficiency in extracting and cleansing large datasets from different data sources
- Proficiency in programming with knowledge of SQL, R, SAS, Python, or other similar languages
- Ability to understand complex business requirements and define key performance metrics to measure benefits and communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Industrial Engineering/Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, Decision Science, Computer Science, Computational Economics, or related field
- Strong grasp of marketing analytics theory and concepts
- Experience leading diverse teams and interacting with vendors\
- Demonstrated familiarity with the airline or transportation industries