We are looking to hire a Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer to build scalable, production ready AI/ML solutions, to improve health care data latency through automation. Key responsibilities involve designing statistical, machine learning and/or NLP solutions; collecting, cleaning, interpreting large volumes of data from varying source; designing, delivering and operationalizing production-ready models, all while communicating with the stakeholders.
To succeed in this position, you need to have experience working on end-end machine learning and/or NLP pipeline, working knowledge on machine learning algorithms and know how to connect various components of machine learning and software engineering to make solution production ready. Top candidates will be persistent, and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, be innately curious in solving the most complex problems and identifying opportunities for improvements, while working in a collaborative environment with Data Engineers, Software Engineers, Product Managers and Experienced Designers.Responsibilities
- Develop appropriate machine learning models that solve business problems and can be made production ready.
- Oversee the end-end machine learning and/or NLP pipeline from data ETL to building solutions, to operationalization of solutions.
- Be aware and up to-date with MLOPs tools and processes.
- Share complex ideas verbally and visually with broad audience from technical and non-technical background.
- Build and adopt solutions to automate and integrate machine learning processes.
- Research latest and best solutions to solve data challenges at hand.
- Interpret and communicate result of complex models with software engineers, product owners and other stakeholders.
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, or quantitative fields and 5+ years of industry experience
- Advanced coursework in machine learning and programming
- Experience with statistical data analysis, and machine learning such as linear models, time-series forecasting, neural network, random forest, etc
- Experience building production ready NLP and/or machine learning solutions
- Proficient modeling in Python, data wrangling in SQL relational database
- Critical thinker and good problem-solver
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, with an ability to present the value.
- Team player
- Experience working in agile working environment
- Experience working with global, distributed, multi-cultural teams.
- Experience working in a heavily regulated industry. Healthcare is a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Spark, R
- Experience working with AWS
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.