Blizzard’s games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide. Global Insights works closely with Blizzard’s game and business teams to produce insights and models that enable us to meet and exceed our gameplay and business goals.
We are looking for a candidate to help us build production-ready machine learning models that scale to the terabytes of data Blizzard’s games generate every day. The ideal candidate is passionate about the newest innovations in deep learning, artificial intelligence, and machine learning more broadly; has expertise in deploying highly scalable machine learning algorithms; and has the software engineering skills to maintain and deploy them.
**Submissions that do not contain Cover Letters will not be considered.
- Research and develop state-of-the-art machine learnings solutions to enhance business and gameplay objectives.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to problems, including but not limited to text processing, match making, gameplay classification, clustering, content recommendation, procedural content generation, reinforcement learning, and targeted marketing.
- Work closely with data and systems engineers to deploy and maintain models seamlessly on production systems.
- Establish scalable, automated processes for large scale data extraction, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Effectively translate findings into actionable recommendations for senior leaders on game design and business teams.
- Masters or PhD from a top-tier university with a specialization in Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Statistics, Applied Math, Algorithm Design, or a related quantitative field
- Able to invent and prototype novel machine learning algorithms from scratch
- A minimum of 3 years’ hands-on applied or research experience developing machine learning models on large scale data sets
- Expertise in automating and deploying models in production systems
- Familiar with best practices for engineering in an enterprise environment
- Proficient with programming languages like Python, Scala, or C++
- Expertise with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Expertise with Big Data and Hadoop tech stack (HDFS / Map Reduce / Mahout / Hive / Spark)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Passion for video games
- Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games
- Experience mentoring junior scientists or interns
- A proven track record of original contributions to machine learning
- Experience building streaming data applications
- Skilled in natural language processing
- Experience reading/writing non-English natural languages, including but not limited to French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Polish, Thai, and/or Russian