The Lubrizol Corporation has an immediate need for highly motivated, solution-oriented Data Scientist to support our businesses in Wickliffe, Ohio.
The Statistics & Data Analytics Team
The Statistics & Data Analytics department is a focused team with a proven track record of delivering systems that enable highly effective product development via virtual experimentation, optimization and knowledge discovery. In addition, the team provides data science consulting services to the Lubrizol technical community throughout the world.
- Research and implement new statistical, machine learning, and/or optimization approaches
- Create predictive models by mining complex data
- Serve as an internal department mentor and coach on data science problems
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers on statistical matters, understand their needs, and find creative solutions to meet those needs
- PhD in statistics or closely related field
- Method development expertise in advanced modeling or optimization area(s)
- Solid understanding of statistical methods; experience with MCMC and machine learning methods is desirable
- Experience implementing advanced algorithms in R or Python; working knowledge of C/C++ is desirable
- Strong deductive reasoning skills
- Creativity and curiosity with the ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of scientists
Req ID: 29142