At our core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
What You'll Do:
- Identify and scope product challenges that are ripe for data science solutions—like risk modeling, data-informed insurance plan design, dentist search optimizations
- Work cross-functionally to inform data collection, productionize data science work, and integrate machine learning into the product
- Drive new features and improvements across all our products and services by finding innovative ways to use data to help customers
- Build the infrastructure that allows us to scale by defining analytic requirements, developing analysis plans, and ensuring data quality standards
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of industry experience in relevant roles such as data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer
- Strong product sensibilities
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Clear and effective communication style
- Prior experience in risk modeling, forecasting, or working with time series data
- Prior experience working with dirty or high-dimensional, categorical data
- Prior experience productionizing data science work
- Experience with SQL, proficiency in one scripting language like R or Python working in a collaborative development environment, and willingness to pick up new programming languages.
- Bonus: Prior experience working with healthcare and insurance data, and experience leading a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with all of these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Protobuf / gRPC
What We Offer:
- Have the chance work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs