Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The IT R&D Analytics, Data Science Lead, will be a member of a team of data scientists and data analytics subject matter experts providing centralized data analytics capabilities across all R&D business functions globally. This role will report to Head of IT R&D Systems and Data Analytics and will be responsible for cross-functional data initiatives across all relevant functional areas and support ongoing and growing demand on data analytics capabilities, as well as overarching data strategy & roadmap planning. This will be a hands-on role leading a small and agile data science and analytics development team, helping to increase current throughput with existing critical multi-year data initiatives. In addition, this role will be responsible for establishing machine learning and predictive analytics as a fundamental active capability for IT R&D Systems and Data Analytics to support current and future initiatives at Jazz R&D that require practical ML/data science expertise/experience.
- Lead a team of data science and analytics solutions developers.
- Support head of IT R&D Systems and Data Analytics and contribute to Jazz R&D overarching data strategy, roadmap planning, and investments prioritization activities.
- Support/lead R&D data analytics initiatives in collaboration with head of IT R&D Systems and Data Analytics, R&D leaders, functional SMEs, IT SMEs, and business process and system owners.
- Establish and grow practical and meaningful use of machine learning and predictive analytics methodologies/techniques by adapting commercially available Predictive Analytics/ML/AI algorithms, modules, technologies.
- Perform comprehensive analysis of diverse source data and design end-to-end data visualizations and analytics solutions using ETL/ELT, Python/R, and BI Tools.
- Provide data modeling and data architecture expertise.
- Apply data mining and machine learning techniques and models to extract analytic insights from relevant industry datasets.
- Work closely with R&D SMEs, process and system owners to define data analytics, data visualizations and reporting needs, and provide interactive & harmonized data solutions by leveraging the centralized R&D analytics platform.
- Organize and analyze large and diverse datasets to get actionable insights.
- Develop deep knowledge around the data and data dependencies in the Jazz AWS cloud clinical data factory and R&D analytics data warehouse.
- Extend company’s data with third party data sources of information when needed.
- Model the Jazz Values including promoting collaboration at all levels of the organization & across all locations.
- Develop and manage relationships with business stakeholders.
- Partner with other IT functions including Information Security, Infrastructure Operations, and BI & Data Operations to prioritize on IT shared objectives and corporate objectives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Academic and practical experience with machine learning and predictive analytics methodologies/techniques, including algorithm development, and statistical and quantitative approaches for data analysis.
- Practical experience with commercially available Predictive Analytics/ML/AI algorithms, modules, packages, technologies.
- Working knowledge of Python, R (or other ML/Predictive Analytics tools), and SQL
- Working knowledge of ETL/ELT tools (e.g. Alteryx, AWS Glue, SnapLogic, Stitch, etc.).
- Experience with large healthcare datasets is a plus.
- Working knowledge of data analytics and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense, etc.) with demonstrated data visualization and analytics solutions experience.
- Solid working knowledge in providing end-to-end data visualizations/analytics solutions.
- Advanced data analytics skills and problem solving skills, with the associated curiosity to enable solving complex data analytics and visualizations problems.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, and data modeling experience.
- Ability to identify and align data solutions with the specific business problem.
- Ability to work independently on complex and diverse issues and propose solutions.
- Demonstrated excellent teamwork, collaboration and interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize, take initiative, and meet challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex data science/solutions concepts to non-experts.
- Business domain knowledge of at least one R&D function in the pharmaceutical industry (Preferred).
- Moderate travel within the US may be required.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Master’s degree and 5 years of experience, or PhD. and 2 years of experience in a Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Statistics research-based field.