WHO YOU?LL BE WORKING FOR ?
See what it is like to work at ViaSat:
Launch your career with ViaSat! ViaSat is a global broadband services technology company who securely connects consumers, businesses, and governments to the internet, anywhere in the world via satellite. ViaSat is not just an industry leader; we are a market disrupter - pushing the boundaries of what?s possible by creating what doesn?t exist. We thrive on accomplishing what others have proclaimed the impossible. Our competitive advantage is our people and technology. We attract & retain some of the world?s top talent. At ViaSat, you will have the opportunity to work on the toughest technical problems alongside leaders of the industry in an informal, campus-like atmosphere. The work is demanding, but the results are meaningful and rewarding. Come be a part of this exciting company where you will drive your own career without lanes, where the possibilities are limitless!
OUR TEAM ?
Our Cyber Security Data Analytics Team is dedicated to keeping our customers safe from malicious cyber-attacks while preserving our casual, startup atmosphere. On ViaSat?s multiple networks we see cyber attacks every day. We employ the latest technologies (Spark, Kafka, Impala, Hadoop) to analyze the Petabytes of data our operational systems produce. We employ developers, data scientists, and engineers to gain insight; solving both business and technical problems. Our highly collaborative and energetic team encourages creative solutions to solve business problems.
WHO YOU ARE ?.
You are an engineer who has domain knowledge or an interest in networking, Big Data, machine learning and cybersecurity You are ready for an exciting opportunity working hands on with the world?s most cutting-edge communications technologies and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are being counted on to help to defend a global satellite network from the most advanced cyberthreats. More importantly, you are looking to innovate the next generation of cybersecuritytechnology, leapfrogging beyond what?s out there today.
WHAT YOU?LL CONTRIBUTE?
The Cyber Security Data Science Engineer will leverage cutting edge technologies to perform statistical analysis and inference, data modeling, clustering and predictive analysis. As a key member of the technical team, you will translate cyber and networksecurity related questions into sophisticated models and help derive new insights to drive business decisions and defend against cyber attacks. You will be working with unique data sets, security appliances, services and product teams to create complete and holistic analyses. You will help create an elaborate model focusing on network traffic due to malware and cyberthreat detection that will analyze and predict and their securityrisks.
WHAT YOU?LL GET TO DO?
- Parameterization and Abstraction: Use data-driven methodologies to discover/develop and abstract key security and malware metrics across multiple models and network segments to supportnetwork traffic due to malware and securitythreat evaluation and analysis, including evaluation of alternate threat detection and network bandwidth consumption due to malware models and future business scenarios
- Modeling: Architect, Design, Build and Support data models using both real time and historical analysis approaches to supportsecurity, business, technical planning, and decision-making.
- Visualization: Create visualizations and reports to effectively convey the information discovered through data analysis
AT A MINIMUM YOU SHOULD HAVE ?
The following are important attributes of a successful candidate:
- Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science Degree
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Impala, Hadoop
- Excellent understanding of several statistical and machine learning models
- Extensive experience with data analysis tools such as R, Python, Matlab
- Scripting (e.g. Python)
- Info Security / CybersecurityExperience
- Occasional Travel up to 10%
YOU?LL BE ESPECIALLY COMPETITIVE IF YOU HAVE ?
- MS/PhD in a data related field such as mathematics, computer science, physics, or similar
- Experience with Machine or Deep Learning and Tensor flow applied to Cybersecurity
Experience with Scala or Java
- Cybersecurity analysis (e.g. reverse engineering, network tools)
- Programming (Java, C/C++)
- MS/PhD in mathematics, computer science, physics, or similar
- US citizenship / ability to obtain a SECRET clearance