$80K — $100K *
This position applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Conducts statistical and mathematical analyses to align with the business goals. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements, creation of best practices, and establishing policies. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Provide mentoring, coaching and management of lower level employees.
• Leads complex data and business analyses to develop business plans and
identifies recommendations and insights.
• Works independently to construct highly complex statistical and financial
models to forecast business performance; coaches others on model
development and analysis.
• Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance and
develops the process for identifying and addressing performance gaps.
• Manages complex, time-sensitive projects and prepares intelligence reports
with clear implications.
• Leads cross-functional teams across the entire span of business planning
• Contributes to priority projects by adding creative insights and developing
• Identifies cutting-edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key
• Oversee department workflow and effectively communicate decisions,
priorities and relevant information to team members.
• Provide guidance to employees on departmental projects/issues, coach and
develop training plans, lead development conversations and answer day-to-day
questions for team members
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic
outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core
• Strong knowledge of the Data Science field
• Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills
with ability to leverage new analytical techniques to develop creative
approaches to business analysis.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of how to analyze business problems
using statistical analysis and financial modelling with ability to identify
emerging trends from market and industry data.
• Strong business/financial acumen and technical knowledge within area of
• Very strong project management skills, including leading large, cross-
• Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
• Developed leadership skills, including teambuilding, conflict resolution, and
• Ability to apply advanced statistical methodologies such as mixed model
(random and fixed effects), simultaneous equations, time series based
methods, and neural networks.
• Advanced hands on experience in Statistical Software (e.g. SAS, R, Python)
and big data environments (e.g. cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure), and on-prem (e.g.
Hadoop), as well as traditional data warehouse environments (e.g. Teradata).
• Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, machine
learning and advanced other statistical theory.
• Work effectively in cross-functional teams, having demonstrated strong
partnerships with both internal and external business partners and alliances.
• Demonstrated ability to collect and organize data, work effectively with
complex relational databases, conduct analysis and report on and apply
results to “actionable insights/recommendations.”
• Solid data modelling experience is required with proven application in applying
Decision Trees, Regression analysis, Neural Network and other data mining
techniques, experience with time series and experimental design.
• Ability to develop and coach team members with proven ability to achieve
results through collaboration and teamwork
• Self-starter with excellent decision making skills and the ability to effectively
communicate and interact with all levels of the company, clearly expressing
ideas and concepts, both verbally and in writing
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Data Science or related
• 4+ years’ experience as Data Scientist required
• 2+ years' leadership experience required
• Master's Degree or Equivalent in Data Science or related
Valid through: 12/22/2020