Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation’s most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster.”
Jacobs is seeking a Data Scientist in Washington, DC. Duties will include:
- Applying complex analysis of data in support of mission problems, with expertise in problem solving, scripting in multiple languages, as well as the creation and/or implementation of tools and processes that aid in advanced analytics, testing and quality assurance, and DevOps.
- Using and developing statistical analysis, modeling, simulation, and machine learning methods. Comfort with complex mathematical concepts and models.
- Scripting, data collection and data management services; performing enterprise-wide data collection, storage, and manipulation; and, developed and implemented automated testing frameworks.
- Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- BS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive experience, or an MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline, and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience.
- Experience with the following tools/languages: Python, R, Pig/Piglet, SQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, MSSQL
- Experience with IC GovCLoud, AWS cloud development and solutions architecture
- Experience with Agile Methodology/Scrum Development and DevOps
- Familiar with Jira and Confluence
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, gathering requirements, analysis and integration resulting in informed deconning making, explaining highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Preferred Qualifications:
- AWS Solutions Architect certification
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Master’s Degree/PHD