The purpose of this job is to use statistical and data driven analysis in order to positively affect business related processes and decisions.
This job will use critical thinking and complex methodologies to design detailed models that will provide the various business units with guidance and supported recommendations.
- Responsible for evaluating the organization’s operations and other key business metrics using advanced statistical modeling methods. This includes applying algorithms and mathematical formulas to analyze large amounts of data. The end result will supply data derived analysis to the appropriate business leaders for long-term decision making. In addition, this position will also create documentation to explain the predictive findings and produce detailed reports to favorably impact the overall objectives of the organization.
- Responsible for serving as an ad hoc internal technical resource on an as needed basis to collaborate with a variety of business partners in developing modeling strategies and solutions to challenging business issues
- Responsible for assisting the director in internal educational efforts to broadly drive increased technical potential while informing business partners of the purposes and limitations of data analysis
- Knowledge of banking and financial services
- Extensive knowledge of statistical methodologies, machine learning, and/or data mining
- Broad experience in programming languages and applications
- Experience with SQL, SAS, and/or SPSS preferred
- Ability to work effectively across the organization
- Skilled in translating business requirements into operational processes
- High degree of aptitude in communicating technical methodologies to a non-technical audience
- An advanced degree in a STEM field required
- Proven modeling experience