Short and sweet.
iNovex is looking for a Top Secret/SCI (with Polygraph) cleared mid-level Data Scientist for a new large contract with a focus on the development of Analytics, Knowledge Management artifacts, Information Sharing tools, Data Transformation, and Malware Analysis.
As a Data Scientist at iNovex, you will focus your skills on developing machine learning, data mining, statistical and graph-based algorithms to analyze and make sense of datasets. If you are all about data and implementing prototype algorithms, we can’t wait to chat!
Why this role is important.
Everything we do at iNovex keeps us on the path to create a community where everyone has an invitation to innovate. In your role as a Data Scientist, you get to identify the true challenges and develop solution paths through data.
Your mission, if you choose to accept it.
- Develop, experiment, and test!
- Develop and implement statistical, machine learning, and heuristic techniques to create descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
- You are able to create experiments to collect data or models to simulate data when the required data is unavailable .
- Translate customer qualitative analysis process and goals into quantitative formulations that are coded into software prototypes .
- Analyze , evaluate and provide recommendations.
- Work alongside subject matter experts to identify critical information in raw data to develop scripts that extract the information from a variety of formats.
- Incorporate feedback from the subject matter experts into feature vectors suitable for analytic development and testing.
- Evaluate and validate the performance of analytics using standard techniques and metrics (e.g. cross validation, ROC curves, confusion matrices)
What you bring to the team.
- Experience + Education. You’re an expert in your field and ready to put that knowledge into action. You have:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, mathematics, operations research, engineering or computer science).
- 2 years of experience in software development, cloud development, analyzing datasets, OR developing descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics can be substituted for a Master’s Degree OR A PhD from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline can be substituted for 3 years of experience.
- Technical Experience. You know your stuff and are ready to jump into action. You have:
- 5+ years of experience analyzing datasets and developing analytics.
- 5+ years of experience programming with data analysis software such as R, Python, SAS, or MATLAB.
- Skilled Storyteller. Not only can you dissect and analyze data but you can explain the data in a way that is both understood and compelling—you can tell the story of the data.
- Excellent Communicator + Team Player. As you work with your team you can communicate and inspire others. You stay open minded and listen to the input of others as you tackle problems.
- Curiosity + Continuous Learning. You are ready to learn and evolve your craft! You are curious to push forward and find new ways to use and analyze data.
- Problem-Solver at Heart. You can’t wait to solve problems of all shapes and sizes.You are able to understand problems, break them down, and propose solutions.
We’ll hold up our end of the deal!
Alongside your invitation to innovate, we offer fantastic benefits to make life easier and more enjoyable for you.
- An opportunity to stay curious and learn. iNovex Academy and LinkedIn Learning resources at your fingertips. $7500/ yr for educational assistance. All your training, certification, and membership fees covered!
- Excellent health benefits. 100% company paid premiums for employee and 85% for all others. We even throw in a contribution to your Health Savings Account!
- Save for your future. 5% automatic company contribution to your 401K. No match required, and immediate vesting. When we all succeed together, we don’t forget about you, we profit share!
- A little bit extra. When you give your all, we give back with bonuses, recognition awards, swag, and more. We have a generous employee referral bonus program when you send more amazing people our way!
The truths we live by.
Our team is made up of diverse and curious individuals who welcome the opportunity to create.
- Delight in the unexpected. Unconventional explorers don’t travel in linear paths. We ask questions, illuminate new directions, and revel in unique discoveries.
- Constructive candor. Insight drives better decisions. We are intentionally open and candid with others.
- Humans, not checkboxes. No butts in seats here. We see beyond the resume—we admire what makes you who you truly are. Be yourself, be human.
- Be unstoppable. See an obstacle? Leap over it, trek around it, or even run straight through it.
- Triumph as a team. Support and empower each other—if one of us wins, we all win.
- Success and silliness can co-exist. There’s always time to have fun. When you relax your mind, creativity emerges.