Ingrooves is a leading global music marketing and distribution company. We provide labels and artists with a global team of experts and a powerful technology framework, giving them transparent distribution tools and marketing solutions to maximize revenue in today’s dynamic music marketplace. By embracing data science and continually updating its offerings, Ingrooves is redefining the modern music company.
This is an execution and delivery-oriented, highly visible role in the Insights & Analytics team with primary responsibility for building, testing, and validating scalable machine learning models that drive business-relevant insight generation. This includes the development of project plans, handling of potential issues and risks, collaborating constructively with project team members, providing effective cross-functional communication, and advancing multiple projects at once.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Analytics Officer and will be based at our Victoria, BC, office. Remote work may be considered for exceptionally qualified senior candidates, conditional on a commitment to regular travel to Victoria for in-person collaboration with the broader Insights and Analytics team.
- Design, build, and deploy machine learning models at scale
- Collaborate closely with product teams to provide high-level AI-driven services for music content owners
- Integrate with external and internal APIs and data sources to augment music consumption data to uncover shifting market trends, new opportunities, operational efficiencies and revenue streams
- Create data-rich informative visuals and documents to articulate and convey complex concepts to executive leadership team and label partners
- Contribute to and enable a positive work environment which highly encourages creative input and constructive criticism from all team members
- Other duties as determined by the Chief Analytics Officer
- Earned graduate degree (minimum of PhD) in a highly quantitative discipline (e.g., machine learning, statistics, computer science, applied mathematics, theoretical physics, physical chemistry, econometrics.)
- Strong record of peer-reviewed scientific publications and/or patents, with at least one publication and/or patent involving the development or application of machine learning algorithms
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience developing machine learning models to deliver robust predictions and inferences
- Demonstrated experience scaling machine learning up to logistically challenging data sets (e.g. leveraging the Hadoop ecosystem, distributed deep model training, etc.)
- Strong software development skills, with demonstrated ability to implement inferential and predictive models. Experience with Python + relevant data science and deep learning libraries preferred
- Experience with AWS (i.e., EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift, EMR) or similar cloud computing services
- Excellent communication and exposition skills with the ability to explain and present complex analyses and machine learning concepts to a broad audience, both technical and non-technical, in English
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and deliver within highly collaborative work environments while remaining product-focused
Success at Ingrooves
The successful candidate aligns with the Ingrooves culture by being solution-oriented, collaborative, leveraging best practices, and possessing a passion for both technology and music.
What this means: You care about success and moving your team forward.