The successful candidate will collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data using statistical knowledge, business intuition, advanced analytical ability, machine learning, and data transformation techniques to transform raw data into useful information and solve complex business problems. This individual will develop predictive maintenance algorithms for current and future models, play a pivotal role in the research and development of our data products, drive better and faster decision making for our sales and service centers, and identify actionable insights for our customers while working concurrently with management to make strategic recommendations and business decisions.
- · Designs information systems and/or utilizes existing systems to extract, review, analyze, and interpret complex data and make appropriate recommendations to management.
- · Develops various basic to complex algorithms utilizing a wide spectrum of traditional and innovative analytical techniques such as survival analysis, factor analysis, and cluster analysis.
- · Monitors advancements in big data, machine learning, the internet of things, and business analytics, to independently identify and learn applicable new techniques as needed.
- · As an individual researcher, performs complex or novel assignments requiring development of new and/or improved techniques and procedures. Will also have project management responsibility for moderate projects.
- · Proven ability to query databases and apply advanced data manipulation techniques across multiple sources.
- · Demonstrated skills in data mining, machine learning, programming, and dynamic optimization.
- · Solid project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight and potentially changing deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- · Strong problem solving skills; ability to mine large datasets and surface actionable insights.
- · Ability to perform in an ambiguous environment and to work with multiple stakeholders from various business units.
- · Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data.
- · Able to understand and articulate the "big picture".
A master’s degree with quantitative focus in Econometrics, Statistics, Data Science, Bioinformatics, Operations Research, Quantitative Analysis or a related decision science fields (e.g. Mathematics) plus at least 5 years of related experience is required. Relevant experience using statistical / quantitative modeling and/or machine learning tools (SAS, SQL, R, Python, SAP Predictive Analytics 2.0) with near real time data is preferred. Experience in thought leadership in applying data-driven models that have a tangible impact on business. Experience with newer techniques like tree ensembles, neural nets, natural language processing, clustering, and econometric modeling preferred. Must be well-versed with Microsoft Office suite and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization including senior and executive level staff.