Job Description- Data Scientist
This opportunity is within the Commercial Analytics business unit at Indegene. With the new trends emerging such as increased cost pressures, shrinking pipelines, need for focus on impact and outcomes, adoption of newer technologies, terabytes of data, changing customer preferences, and changing stakeholders, affecting the dynamics of the lifesciences industry, it is extremely critical to take the right decisions at the right time. As Indegene continues to grow its commercial analytics portfolio, we are looking to hire a Data Scientist who can bring cutting edge analytical techniques/solutions to our client offerings. Our Commercial Analytics business unit provides services and solutions across areas of MultichannelMarketing, SFE, Forecasting, HEOR, Patient-level Data and Advanced Predictive/Prescriptive analytics.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Apply and advise on state-of-the-art advanced analytics and quantitative tools and modelling techniques in order to derive business insights and solve complex business problems.
- Support, review and conduct complex analytics processes and data integration on clients’ internal and external data.
- Create value for clients and client service teams by understanding their needs and translating them into optimal desired analytical services.
- Develop and disseminate innovative analytical techniques, processes, tools, etc.
- Problem solve with the client service/data science team to explore findings and insights from analysis.
- Support knowledge development for the commercial analytics team and help develop a roadmap for a greater understanding of analytics and its impact in the consulting population.
- Partner with data analysts/managers and client service team members to ensure timely and effective methods of the extraction, assembly and transfer of broad, complex sets of data.
- Support business development activities by building new capabilities and participating in client meetings as a subject matter expert.
- Develop approach for complex analyses and gain consensus with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Monitor industry trends and implement best practices to improve in-house capabilities.
- Provide thought leadership by contributing to whitepapers and articles at the business unit and organization level.
- Meaningfully communicate insights and information to a broad group of stakeholders through exceptional oral and written communication.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Masters/M.Tech/PHD in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science; MBA in Operations Management
- 5-8years of relevant, technical experience in machine learning, predictive modelling, advanced analytics and statistics-related work.
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis and data mining packages such as SAS, R, SPSS, etc.
- Programming experience in Python, R and/or C/C++ is preferable.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical / life sciences / healthcare industry is preferable.
- Experience in areas of customer segmentation, ROI / impact analysis, Pathways analysis, channel and content preference modelling, text analytics is helpful.
- Exceptional analytical skills with demonstrated experience in extracting valuable insights from complex data-sets
- Experienced in handling large datasets, both structured and unstructured, preferably in the life sciences / pharmaceutical domain.
- Experience in big datatechnologies like Hadoop, HIVE is preferable.