As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people whoshare our energy and enthusiasm for creating the bestexperiencefor job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capableengineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Withengineeringhubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a Data Scientist at Indeed your role is to follow the data. Analyze, visualize, and model job search related data. You will build and implement machine learning models to make timely decisions. You will have access to unparalleled resources within Indeed to grow and develop both personally and professionally.
We are looking for a mixture between a statistician, scientist, machine learning expert and engineer: someone who has passion for building and improving Internet-scale products informed by data. The ideal candidate understands human behavior and knows what to look for in the data.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics
- 6+ years of recent professional industry experience in data science/software engineering
- Expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data
- Strong ability to code in Python
We get excited about candidates who
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionization, and monitoring of data science products
- Are proficient in small data modeling work: Python, R, Julia, Octave
- Are proficient in big data modeling work: Hadoop, Pig, Scala, Spark
- Can fish for data: SQL, Pandas, MongoDB
- Deploy data science solutions: Java, Python, C++
- Communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers