Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, business-minded, results-oriented Data Scientist with a focus on predictive modelling, specifically time-series forecasting. In this role, you will build and deploy models predicting the volume of orders needed to be delivered across all of Grubhub’s markets. You will be working with other time series forecasters to help the company improve its delivery experience. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, data analysis, problem solving, development of cutting-edge time-series machine learning models, deployment and maintenance of those models.
The Impact You Will Make
- Understand the business! Work directly with stakeholders to address their needs.
- Build models, from selecting features to optimizing.
- Be a stakeholder for our models! Help guide and prioritize development of predictive models to enhance our capabilities.
- Question our assumptions! Find new and better ways to do what we’re doing.
- Produce novel analysis giving insights into the business
- Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our business.
What You Bring to the Table
- MSc or PhD in statistics, mathematics or another quantitative field
- 2-5+ years of experience in statistical and machine learning modelling
- Experience in applying descriptive statistics and visualization to solve real-world problems
- Comfort communicating analytical findings to people of diverse backgrounds using statistical libraries and visualization tools in Python
- Good programming skills in Python
- Data querying capabilities using SQL
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business stakeholders.