Bio-Rad is looking for a Data Scientist!
- Participating in identifying, experimenting and testing of new ways to deliver value from combinations of operational data, customer data and third-party data sources.
- Transforming and blending complex datasets both structured and unstructured into scientific insights.
- Performing descriptive, exploratory and inferential statistical analysis as well as supervised and unsupervised machine learning.
- Building data pipelines for processing natural language text at scale.
- Developing front-end tools and interfaces (e.g. notification and alert systems, dashboard reports) for internal clients to view and interact with processed data.
- Staying on the cutting edge of technology and Data Science.
- Serving as Data Science representative for the global analytics center of excellence.
- Coaching and assisting business users along the journey from Excel style analytics to advanced Big Data style analytics.
- PhD or Master Degree in statistics, computer science or mathematics or similar quantitative field with 3-5 years’ experience.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, computer science or mathematics with at least 6+ years’ experience.
- Fluency at least 2 of the following: R, Python, Java, C, C++, Go, Scala, SQL, Bash.
- Version Control with Git.
- At least 2 years of experience with big data platforms including Hadoop, Hive, Spark.
- At least 2 years of experience with at least one of the following: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- Deep understanding of the mathematical and theoretical foundations of search technologies, statistical analysis and machine learning.
- Strong practical and applied knowledge of data retrieval and analysis techniques including Search, descriptive statistics, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, NLP, deep learning.
- Knowledge of biomedical domain literature resources (e.g., PubMed, PubMed Central, ontologies, controlled vocabularies) and tools (BioPython, BioConductor, BLAST, Muscle) a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; comfortable communicating with senior levels of both business and technology leadership.
Requisition ID 2017-5369