Howmet Aerospace, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation.
This Data Scientist position will be located in the Howmet Research Center and involves working in a close cross-functional team environment supporting Howmet’s casting, core, and rings facilities. This position involves:
- Constructing and manipulating large datasets using tools like SAS, SQL, Python, R, MiniTab, PowerBI, and more to extract multi-factor interactions and drive change.
- Solving operational, quality, and engineering problems using big data.
- Identifying opportunities and deploying tools to drive continuous improvement through data analytics.
- Driving a data-driven culture across the organization through expanding applications and training.
Interacting with internal customers to drive validation trials, implement process improvements, and integrate predictive models using big data.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in an Engineering discipline, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, or Information Systems Management.
- A minimum of 3 years experience manipulating and applying advanced data and statistical analysis methods to manufacturing data, OR a Master's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, or Information Systems Management with previous related internship experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- 2+ years of industrial and/or analytics experience after graduation.
- A degree in Engineering AND a degree or certification in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, or Information Systems Management
- In depth knowledge of statistical software packages and advanced analytics techniques.
- Proven success manipulating and applying advanced data and statistical analysis methods to manufacturing data.
- Knowledge and experience working in various coding languages, including Python, R, and SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed or team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
: United States-MI-Whitehall
US WMH Whitehall, Michigan
One Misco Drive
: Information Technology
: 04691-36709 HRC Process Modeling
: Day Job
: Experienced Hourly Paid or Salaried: Salaried
: Individual Contributor
: Oct 21, 2021, 11:07:26 PM
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Remote Work Schedule Availability: None
EOE, including Disability/Vets