As part of our Government Products Reporting and Insights team, you will support the most vulnerable of our population: Medicare and Medicaid members. By gathering and analyzing their health, utilization and financial data you will provide meaningful insights to ultimately help in developing programs and initiatives to help them gain access to care. This is a great opportunity for those that enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. With more than 1.6 million members in individual and group markets across Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement and Prescription Drug Plans in all five states as well as 11 Medicaid programs in four states, the Government Programs Division is an integral part of HCSC’s strategy of providing members with health care options at every stage of life.
This position is responsible for employing advanced analytical techniques to create and drive adoption of data-based products and processes to add business value for internal and external customers. They will use data analysis, machine learning, predictive modeling, statistics, visualization, and other data science techniques to derive actionable insights. They will leverage domain expertise and communication skills to identify data-based solutions to customer needs, and present and explain technical findings to non-technical audiences to promote data-driven decision making. They will create analytical processes for automated machine driven decision making where human decision making is not scalable or feasible.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree and 3 years of work experience in a mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field; OR Actuarial credential or Master's degree and 2 years of work experience in a mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field; OR Ph.D. in a mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field; OR 6 years experience in an advanced mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field.
* Strong learning and growth mindset
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in at least four of the following six areas: 1) data analysis and relational-style query languages; 2) machine learning and/or statistical modeling; 3) data visualization; 4) a high-level programming language; 5) distributed computing; 6) understanding of healthcare.
* Proficiency with Microsoft applications including Access, Excel, Word and Power Point.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative field, or Bachelors Degree with significant healthcare experience.
* Experience working with healthcare data. Medicare experience preferred.
* Experience working with SAS and SQL
Job ID: CP-1026569