The Enterprise Analytics team is also a Center of Excellence for data science at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, New Mexico, Montana, Oklahoma & Texas. This person will spend approximately a quarter of their time promoting best practices in data science across the enterprise and leading and organizing technical training for the broader community.
At the largest customer-owned and not-for-profit health insurer and fourth largest health insurer overall in the United States, you will have the opportunity to work with massive datasets to drive revenue growth, improve our operational and member-facing processes, and affect how healthcare is delivered to our members.
An ideal candidate would be someone who loves working with data, demonstrates a continuous learning and growth mindset, possesses an interest in the intersection of healthcare and technology, and has an ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
This position is responsible for employing advanced analytical techniques to create and drive adoption of data-based products and processes to add business value for internal and external customers. They will use data analysis, machine learning, predictive modeling, statistics, visualization, and other data science techniques to derive actionable insights. They will leverage domain expertise and communication skills to identify data-based solutions to customer needs, and present and explain technical findings to non-technical audiences to promote data-driven decision making. They will create analytical processes for automated machine driven decision making where human decision making is not scalable or feasible.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree and 3 years of work experience in a mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field; OR Actuarial credential or Master
*s degree and 2 years of work experience in a mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field; OR Ph.D. in a mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field; OR 6 years
* experience in an advanced mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field.
* Strong learning and growth mindset
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in at least four of the following six areas: 1) data analysis and relational-style query languages; 2) machine learning and/or statistical modeling; 3) data visualization; 4) a high-level programming language; 5) distributed computing; 6) understanding of healthcare.
* Proficiency with Microsoft applications including Access, Excel, Word and Power Point.
Job ID: CP-1028484