We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can’t do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
The Data Scientist supports the organization with consumer insight and analytics relative to global consumers and markets of Harley-Davidson products, services, and experience. The Data Scientist will provide predictive and prescriptive analytics technical know-how within advanced analytics. This role will be responsible for assisting in predicting potential prospects, lead conversion, customer churn, forecasting, price optimization, and next purchase behavior among other tasks. This role may be expected to assist other data scientists on larger ad hoc projects identified by company leadership. These projects may include simulating motorcycle ridership, company performance, etc. across a variety of potential environmental conditions.
- Effectively analyze and distill data into patterns, trends, and insights.
- Assist in developing large scale data science projects from the ground up, including: Framing data science problems; identifying clear lines of questioning; extracting, wrangling, and structuring data from multiple sources; implementing appropriate classification, recommendation, simulation, optimization, and other models; checking your work against existing business knowledge
- Conduct survey data analysis and business forecasts as needed to understand customer behavior, thinking, and demand
- Proactively research industry trends, opportunities, and risks
- Produce clear, concise, and repeatable code that can be used by other members of the team without explanation
A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Statistics, Analytics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics, or a related field; An advanced degree in a related field is strongly preferred. PhD is a plus.
- Typically requires 3+ years of related experience, preferably with consumer brands
- Proven ability to integrate data from many sources, identifying yet unasked questions, and capitalizing on opportunities to advance business goals
- Strong knowledge of statistical methodologies, machine learning, and their underlying assumptions. Proven knowledge in the use of either R (preferred) or Python for data science. Knowledge of additional analytical software like Tableau and Alteryx preferred but not required. Familiarity with techniques and methodologies for analyzing large data sets
- A true team spirit who thrives on working as part of an enthusiastic and energetic team, and inspiring others; demonstrating a collaborative approach
- Should be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfort working with ambiguity; strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A track record for achieving results, encouraging the inputs and ideas of others, and understanding the importance of active listening in the role.
- Global perspective and understanding, thinking across borders and cultures.
Auto req ID: 566