We are looking for a Data Scientist, who will support the high-performance Growth Marketing Analytics team. You will be responsible for developing data infrastructure to scale with channel, market, and brand expansion efforts. You will also play an instrumental role in scaling our intra-channel (A/B) testing efforts, building key-metric dashboards and analyzing trends. Reporting to the Growth Analytics Senior Analyst and interacting regularly with the Director of Marketing Planning and Optimization, the Data Scientist will:
- Perform algorithmic modeling for media mix optimization while working with the Growth team to understand and quantify effects of multi-channel marketing.
- Own the relationship with Tech Lead counterparts in vendors and agencies
- Partner with internal stakeholders to execute data strategies across multiple Growth channels and understand their unique analytic requirements.
- Help scope comprehensive and valid A/B tests, making sure that we monitor all relevant metrics and that we’re learning at every step along the way.
- Manage the data ETL pipeline infrastructure of acquisition marketing
- Field requests from within and without the Growth team to perform one-off analyses and answer questions
- Help to develop actionable insight beyond standard reporting to drive strategic marketing direction.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Analyzing complex and ambiguous datasets to produce actionable insights
- Defending surprising or unpopular results against challenges from skeptical stakeholders
You Should Have
- 3+ years of experience in an analytics or data science role
- Strong and demonstrated proficiency in writing production-level Python. Automation and scaling are essential.
- Proficiency in SQL
- Advanced proficiency in statistical analysis, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing
- Demonstrated proficiency with advanced regression analysis, probabilistic modeling, and/or machine learning / predictive analytics
- Understanding of/familiarity with big data pipelines and flows
- Experience with A/B testing
- Proficiency in a spreadsheet program (Excel, Google Sheets)
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Keen business acumen and ability to sanity-check numbers
- Eagerness to learndigital marketing and/or e-commerce