Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are looking for a highly talented, self-motivated and analytical individual to join the Global Financial Crimes Compliance Analytics Team. The primary responsibility of this role are as follows:
• Devise and implement a comprehensive analytic strategy for minimizing PayPal’s exposure to Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) violations, and supporting the Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) initiatives.
• Create analytic solutions for AUP and AML/CTF detections and enforcement.
• Develop advanced data analytical models and techniques for detecting AUP violations, including detection of bad actors employing sophisticated methods for evading detection.
• Maintain close communication and collaboration related to detections and enforcement matters with numerous internal stakeholders, including Policy and Operations, Risk, GCP, Legal and business units.
• Develop methods for quantifying and communicating to varied audiences detections and enforcement activity, and business impact. Oversee the generation and distribution of associated reports and statistics.
• Support PayPal’s business objectives to drive growth in new products, services, countries and verticals while ensuring compliance with relevant legal and regulatory rules and company policies.
- Successful track record of owning and driving large, complex projects involving the design and implementation of sophisticated technical strategies and solutions that deliver business value.
- High level of theoretic and practical expertise in analytics, decision systems, data mining and databasetechnologies.
- Demonstrated capacity for innovation and outside-the-box thinking in the creation of new analytical paradigms, capabilities and processes, and the management of initiatives that are unstructured or exploratory in nature.
- Capable of proactively identifying, investigating and resolving issues and problems impacting components of work, and exercising independent judgment.
- Able to prioritize among many conflicting needs, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently but flexible and responsive to dynamic situations.
- Proven ability to develop effective, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies.
- Team player, energetic personality, quality minded, focused, committed, able to work efficiently in a fast paced, changing environment.
- 7+ years of experience in modeling and data scientist roles
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- Proficient in one or more major programming languages (SAS, R, Matlab, Python, Java, Perl, C, C++, etc.)
- Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem including HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised algorithms, text mining and network theory. Work experience in the Compliance field using a combination of these techniques preferred.
- Deep experience in modeling design, development, validation, delivery and implementation of predictive analytic needs.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.