The Data Scientist ensures that the data assets of the organization are supported by its information technology architecture. The Data Scientist is responsible for developing predictive and prescriptive analytics models, creating efficient algorithms, and innovating use of data. The Data Scientist will work closely with the rest of the operations teams, IT, and internal business partners to identify, evaluate, design, and implement statistical analyses and data exploration/visualization of internal and external, structured and unstructured, public and proprietary data.
GEODIS is one of the world’s largest leading Supply Chain Operators! At GEODIS, we create with you an infinite number of career opportunities. As a GEODIAN, you will work hands-on with products from hundreds of customers in different industries – retail, healthcare, technology and more - all within our warehouse distribution centers, located globally.
No matter what position you’re in, you will find yourself contributing to the development and success of your career and our customers.
The points below highlight the Data Scientist duties:
- Leads the organization's planning of GEODIS’ data model and data architecture through continual redesign of the data model and/or transition to a common model
- Recommends strategies to management on approaches to optimize business success based on changing business needs
- Evaluates applicability of leading edge technologies and uses information to significantly influence future business strategy
- Analyzes complex business and competitive issues and discerns the implications for systems support; including identifying, defining, directing, and performing project issue analysis of the technical and economic feasibility of proposed data solutions
- Designs projects with the proper tools and methodologies to successfully address cross-technology and cross-platform issues within the business and/or the future architecture of the organization
- Proposes and leads projects required to support the development or the organization's data infrastructure needs and provides intelligence on advances in database technologies
- Develops partnerships with senior users to understand business needs and define future data requirements
- Interacts with internal and external audiences to develop effective networks to ensure business needs are met
- Other duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics or Business Administration
- Minimum 7 years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with analytical and data mining efforts which could include but not limited to clustering, segmentation, logistic and multivariate regression, decision/CART trees, neural networks, time-series analysis, sentiment analysis, and topic modeling
- Experience with optimization algorithms; Bayesian Optimization, Genetic Algorithm, and Particle Swarm Optimization, etc.
- Knowledge of Experience in modeling and an ability to implement models or model components from scratch.
- Experience using statistical computer languages; Python, R, etc.
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that demonstrate a proven ability to develop relationships with a range of internal and external customers
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form