Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Framingham, MA
Duration: Permanent role (Fulltime)
We are looking for an experienced and well-rounded software engineer to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate would be passionate about using Cloud Computing to deliver end-to-end production solutions with a DevOps mentality that raise the bar on innovation and quality. Your interests in distributed systems, fault tolerance, and scalability will help Client build large scale distributed applications that serve to accelerate our growth and profitability as well as identify opportunities for optimization.
While the emphasis of this position is hands-on programming, you will have opportunities to collaborate closely with Data Scientists on the underlying problems applying Machine Learning and Optimization techniques.
- 3-5years of relevant industry experience plus MS / BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Developing applications to implement solutions in the areas of Order Fulfillment, Assortment Optimization, Robotics Automation, Warehouse Management, and Competitive Analysis
- Work closely with key partners to understand business requirements and produce technical designs that propose highly reliable and scalable platform architectures built with well-designed software components in the Cloud
- Takes hands-on ownership implementing software components following engineering practices that drive agility and quality like test driven development, peer reviews, configuration management, monitoring, and continuous integration & deployment
- Set expectations and communicate progress with business partners and participate in the entire life-cycle of SaaS operations driving adoption and scale Expertise building SaaS offerings on public Cloud Platforms (e.g.: Azure, AWS) using platform services and integrating with ?behind the firewall? on-premise deployments
- Expertise architecting and developing highly reliable, fault-tolerant distributed applications with focus on performance and scale
- Expertise in DevOps practices like Automation, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration & Delivery, and Monitoring In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix (Red Hat/CentOS) and ability to leverage a wide variety of upstream open source development
- Ability to analyze business requirements, working closely with business partners to develop details, driving feature prioritization and adoption of applications
- Subscribe to fast-paced Agile principles with technical designs, code reviews, test driven development, and other methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with multiple teams
- Expert programming skills developing back-end cloud applications in NodeJS, Go, Python, or Java and Scala
- Expert at building microservices exposing REST APIs using frameworks such as Swagger/OpenAPI, App Service/Azure or Django
- Strong scripting skills driving automation of workflows in a Linux/Unix environment (e.g.: bash, Python, Perl)
- Expertise working with RDBMS and NoSQL data stores on-premise and in the Cloud (e.g.: SQL Server/Azure, PostgreSQL/Azure, MongoDB, Cassandra, Comos DB/Azure, DynamoDB/AWS, Redshift/AWS, Teradata, Oracle)
- Expertise applying best practices in the areas of Configuration Management, Automation, Continuous Integration & Deployment, and Monitoring using frameworks like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Jenkins and platform services in the Cloud
- Experience with performance analysis and debugging platform services to identify bottlenecks and SPOFs at scale
- Experience with Internet Technologies/Protocols (e.g.: HTTP, Networking, DNS, TLS)
- Experience with Web technologies (e.g.: HTML 5, CSS, jQuery, Angular, Websockets) a plus Experienceworking with data processing frameworks (e.g.: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka).