Footlocker.com / Eastbay is on the cutting edge of on-line retailtechnology. Our evolution has led us to improve our systems and strengthen our teams. We are searching for a forward thinking Data Scientist to drive data mining, build data products, and communicate findings to key stakeholders. This is a rare opportunity to deploy proficiency in green field product development and retaildigital systems.
As an integral role in our innovative, data-driven environment, the Data Scientist will:
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze, design, develop and implement solutions that increase customer value and embrace simplicity, speed, adaptability, and sustainability.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis.
- Perform statistical analysis; deploying models on large data sets.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of agile delivery.
- Develop code with Spark via Jupyter notebooks.
- Perform queries, aggregations, joins, and transformations using Spark, Hive, and Pig.
- Develop new data sets using feature engineering techniques.
- Deliver value by creating functions, classes, and packages to automate processes and workflows for production deployment.
- Strong ability to interact with internal customers and product owners to analyze a problem and clearly articulate a solution and plan.
- Act as a student of the business by partnering with teams to determine current and on-going needs, and gaining further knowledge into their processes.
- Evaluates user request for new/modified programs to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities.
- Proficient in green field product development, retaildigital systems, complex API based integration, Restful API at scale, R, SAS, Python, SQL, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, and Spark.
- Mentors other team members in areas of expertise.
- Takes part in the On-Call24/7/365 rotation to ensure our systems maintain high availability.
A successful candidate will have:
- The ability to demonstrate proficiency in statistical analysis, and the creation of data products.
- Forward-thinking business skills that enable collaboration and data mining with varied business units.
- Reliability and consistency in his/her ability to deliver on commitments.
- An eager drive to improve business processes, functions, products, and delivery to customers.
- As Masters Degree or PhD. in a science, math, or otherwise research-based field; 3-5years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.