Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Data Scientist will work closely with the Applied Data Science team to analyze real world evidence to improve the understanding of different clinical data modalities and how they can be captured and integrated into multi-cancer early detection products and integrated support services.
This position is preferably to be in Cambridge, MA but can be remote. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct cross-functional RWE strategy development and identification of research questions.
- Design and execute RWE studies, including protocol development, data acquisition, and statistical analysis.
- Work with IT and Data Stakeholders to develop larger data strategy to benefit company-wide initiatives.
- Collaborate with HEOR team on model development and maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Sourcing model inputs through literature or RWE studies.
- Develop novel HEOR modeling methodologies.
- Inform other internal Exact Sciences models utilized by Market Access, Medical Affairs, Reimbursement, Policy or others.
- Generate evidence to support Patient Experience and Communications teams.
- Support evidence dissemination for all Exact Sciences products with scientific publications.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
- Master's Degree or equivalent in Data Science, Statistics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics, Epidemiology or related quantitative fields.
- 2+ years of experience in related fields.
- Understanding of medical records (electronic medical records and/or billing records).
- Strong programming and computing skills (e.g., R, Python, SQL, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical analysis methods in analytical and clinical study designs and data analyses.
- Good at working on multiple projects as part of a small team.
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to adapt to increasing opportunities and responsibilities as our team rapidly grows.
- Technical proficiency and creativity, and a strong capacity for innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- PhD in Data Science, Statistics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics, Epidemiology, or related quantitative fields.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.