Our vision is to build the next-generation platform for fast, easy creation of audio and video content, using a revolutionary way to edit powered by cutting-edge AI. As we scale, it is imperative to drive data informed strategy.
We are looking for an experienced and accomplished product data scientist who will help us solve complex problems across our various business functions to increase customer engagement and drive more innovation in the product.
If you love the idea of being one of the first people at a small, growing startup, working closely with the CEO and the rest of the team to lay the foundation upon which the company grows, powering through ambiguity and limited resources - armed only with autonomy and a lot of different hats to wear - and if you're passionate about audio/video content, this may be the job for you.
- Curious mindset : Solve ambiguous business problems using in-depth analysis to discover and size opportunities for growth levers.
- Empower stakeholders: Be a strategic partner to product and engineering and drive data informed decisions
- Build for future: Build and improve on the availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability of data logging and data pipelines to democratize data and insights for extensive future scaling.
- Communication: Define how success is measured and own the creation of metrics to track product / launch performance. Build self serve dashboards reports for tracking these metrics
- Experiment: Design and measure experiments using statistical and econometric models to draw detailed and impactful conclusions
- Build the foundation: Establish and detail foundational work and frameworks, and establish data science processes
- Strong storytelling: distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- Burning desire to inspire change through data and are enthusiastic about innovating in a fast-paced data science team
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to thrive with minimal oversight and process
- Curious and bring genuine excitement to learn new subject areas and are comfortable to be scrappy as and when needed
- Effective communicator and pay attention to the finer details
- Empathize with customers and stakeholder and build meaningful relationships
- Self-aware of strengths and seeking to constantly learn and improve
- You don’t allow perfect to become the enemy of the good
- 5+ years of professional experience doing quantitative analysis (or 2+ if PhD in a quantitative field)
- MS or higher in a quantitative field (e.g., Math, Economics, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering, CS, OR, ML or other quantitative fields)
- Advanced experience with experimental design and statistical methods such as causal Inference
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python), SQL, visualization, data modeling, ETL, and the data warehousing concepts
- 2+ years within SaaS industry-ideally at an prosumer SaaS platform