As an individual contributor on the Data Science and Analytics team, you will use your experience with healthcare claims data and SAS to measure the quality of care that the Landmark Health program brings to our customers and their members. Reporting to the Director of Data Science and Analytics, you will also provide a range of analysis and reporting to measure the value and improve the effectiveness of our clinical operations.
- Extract, analyze, and interpret healthcare utilization and financial data to address business questions regarding population health management, health and economic outcomes, quality of healthcare, and product design.
- Develop new SAS based processes to calculate the HEDIS/CMS measures and estimate the incentive derived from the Landmark Quality Incentive program.
- Work with clinical and finance teams to understand and evaluate the drivers of quality, engagement, and utilization in our membership cohort.
- Track issues with reports, including defects in logic, data quality problems, and process errors.
- Develop tools for monitoring data quality and work with data warehouse team to assist in development of corrective action plans.
- Assist with analytics for new business development projects and provide analytical support for markets.
- Support analytical/research projects applying advanced predictive analytics as a data scientist.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree or other advanced degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, data science, or epidemiology is preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of healthcare industry experience is required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience programming in SAS and/or SQL in an academic or professional environment is required.
- Experience on HEDIS/CMS Star measures is required.
- Experience using statistical methods to evaluate healthcare claims data is strongly preferred.
- Experience using Tableau to develop the report dashboard is strongly preferred.
- Experience on predictive modeling (e.g. logistic regression, XGBoost, etc.), survival analysis or clustering/segmentation analysis using machine learning algorithm in Python/R is strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, documentation, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form to a widely diverse audience.
- Strong business acumen and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify relationships in data sets, determine key fields, and present findings unassisted.