Title: Data Scientist
Location: Danbury, CT
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive complex consulting statistical projects in Digital Marketing Analytics space for a large US based pharmaceutical client
- Delivery management of analytics projects.
- Transform client business problems into technical problems, translate business requirements and unstructured business issues into data analytic problems
- Work with Data strategy team to identify data needs, sources, and structure to drive digital analytics
- Track and communicate project risks, proactively broaden and deepen client relationships by managing client relations with senior-level clients
- Solid technical skills are the basis for any data science work.
- We expect high proficiency with standard coding languages such as SAS, Python, R and C++; familiarity with Unix-based systems, parallel computing, cloud-computing as well as big data platforms.
- Analytical skills.
- We expect exceptionally well-developed analytical skills as gained over the course in a highly quantitative field such as computer science, theoretical physics, mathematics or similar.
- The candidate needs to have established a well-rounded academic profile demonstrating mastery over a broad range of analytical skills.
- Furthermore, they need to have very strong scientific problem-solving skills to find approaches for problems that nobody solved before and think out of the box.
- To thrive in a corporate environment business skill are a key enabling factor.
- The candidate need to be able to understand business problems quickly.
- They need to be able to communicate in a business lingua when required and engage with business users on eye-level.
- The candidate will also have well developed change management skills that effectively enable them to manage different business stakeholders over the course of a project.
- Passion for science and scientific problem-solving paired with a strong appetite for solving challenging business questions.
- Demonstrated strong business, analytical and technical expertise.
- PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field.
- Strong track record of successful data science projects
- 3+ years of experience manipulating (large) datasets and using databases
- 2-5years’ experience with a general-purpose programming language (such as SAS, R, Python, Hadoop MapReduce or otherbig data frameworks, Java).
- Experience in the use of statistical packages and machine learning libraries
- Demonstrable ability to quickly understand new analytical and mathematical concepts and to come out with original solutions to mathematical issues.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner are required.
- Knowledge of one or more business/functional areas.
- Change management, conceptual thinking, innovation, problem solving, team work, pro-activity