Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Data Scientist will work with internal Enterprise Analytics departments and other MGM Resorts departments to lead and execute data projects and processes using advanced analytics and quantitative methods to drive business performance. The position will be an internal expert on exploring data sources and creating analytical products that help embed predictive and prescriptive analytics into the business. By combining advanced analytics capabilities with programming skills, the Data Scientist will help drive innovative analytical solutions across MGM Resorts while also working to build departmental standards and best practices. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Completes experiments, tests hypothesis, performs data mining and builds models to solve highly complex business problems; applies advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on decision support systems
- Executes processes including data collection, pre-processing and analysis; executes processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Utilizes predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, targeting, and other business outcomes; develops company A/B testing framework and test model quality; creates various machine learning-based models or processes within the company such as recommendation engines or automated customer scoring systems
- Identifies existing models needing to be recalibrated or retrained
- Actively participates in internal peer review process to validate assumptions and technical approach
- Identifies structured/unstructured and streaming data to solve a business problem while determining appropriate relevancy; automates anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of performance
- Collaborates with stakeholders to validate and improve results and/or fail fast to higher value opportunities
- Creates audience appropriate documentation of findings and approach to fully catalog work product; communicate and review findings with business partners/stakeholders and non-technical audiences
- Develops and own analytical capabilities across the aligned functional area(s) and properties
- Partners with Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data Management teams to operationalize and build appropriate change control and monitoring processes for analytical product and/or application programming interfaces
- Networks externally to seek innovation and stay current with the latest technology trends
- Perform other job-related duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, engineering, operations research or other related technical field.
- At least 5 years of experience in similar advanced analytics role in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting, predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and/or optimization algorithms.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.