Data Scientist - Core Practice Team
Full time role
Santa Clara - Onsite
All Standard Benefits will be provided to this role
* USC and GC are encouraged to apply for this role
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you will provide hands-on technical leadership for the design, development, and implementation of complex analytics systems.
Ensure that the solutions we build address our clients’ key business goals by working with their business teams. Work in a distributed development model that includes Tavant and client staff members at multiple locations.
Provide pre-salessupport as needed to grow the Analytics practice. Be part of a discovery effort requiring 3-6 weeks of engagement (some part or all of which could require travel to client location). Sometimes you will work on Analytics Practice R&D projects when not working on client projects.
· M.S. or PhD. in Computer Science or Statistics
· Deep domain knowledge of advanced analytics problems in at least 2 industries
· 5+ years’ experience building advanced analytics solutions deployed into production for prediction, forecasting, and optimization, including:
· Data mining
· Statistical analysis
· Machine learning
· Programming in R, SAS, and related tools
· Big data tools for developing and executing models, such as Spark MLlib
· Scripting in languages such as Python, Scala