Acquisition Marketing focuses on driving efficient and effective registrations through advertising and we are pioneering the way in which we use data, analytics and advanced data science to execute and optimize our global marketing. You will measure and provide optimization recommendations for all Artist and Content marketing campaigns through a causal approach (i.e., incrementality) and improve our marketing effectiveness through experimentation.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team that will lead experimentation efforts in key marketing channels. This role will support the full cycle of an experiment (from data-driven hypothesis generation to test design to analysis and interpretation) while also innovating on experimental methodologies that allow us to obtain meaningful results.
What you'll do
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments that shape decision-making around acquisition and engagement marketing at Spotify.
- Proactively perform data exploration to discover future testing opportunities
- Drive innovation by developing new experimentation methodologies, statistical techniques, and causal-inference approaches that could sharpen our marketing decision-making process.
- Be a strategic partner and work with business stakeholders to connect analysis to key decisions that affect the business to influence and drive impact to the business.
- Instrument tracking (e.g. via DoubleClick, Google Analytics, Adjust) for marketing campaigns
- Access marketing performance data through a variety of tools
- Build performance dashboards (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Frequently analyze the results of marketing campaigns and recommend optimizations to improve performance
- Deploy agile testing strategies (e.g. A/B testing) to quantify impact of performance recommendations
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience in marketing analytics or business intelligence (focused in analytics) with a proven track record of delivering performance results required.
- Understanding of traditional media (TV, out of home), digital media (search, display, social) and CRM (email, push notifications) required.
- Strong analytical skills, including data querying, dashboarding, and experimental design are required.
- Expertise in marketing tracking platforms (e.g. DoubleClick, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Adjust) required.
- Data visualization skills required (e.g. Tableau, Looker).
- Excel expertise required.
- You have an advanced degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, or a related quantitative field
- You have deep statistical skills utilized in A/B testing, analyzing observational data, and modeling
- You are comfortable working with large data sets and analyzing complex data with SQL and other tools such as Python or R
- You have a strong bias to action, delivering results quickly with iteration instead of waiting for perfection.
- You are an expert at taking vague questions and crystallizing them into impactful experiments, statistical analysis or models for the business
- You are able to multitask and work on multiple ongoing projects, with minimal oversight, documentation, and defined process