Overview Of Position
As part of our Data Solutions team, The Data Scientist analyzes & applies anonymized healthcare information to enable better healthcare outcomes & costs, for Change Healthcare, its customers and other key constituents.
This position can be remotely based anywhere in the United States
What Will Be My Duties And Responsibilities In This Job?
- Analyze anonymized healthcare information to support Change Healthcare and our customers & partners objectives, which include better healthcare outcomes, improved effectiveness and efficiency, enhanced access for those who need care, and strengthened health and wellness for patients and consumers.
- Create input for thought leadership projects that shape and advance the responsible use of data to improve healthcare in the US.
- Analyze healthcare trends. Understand drivers for health & wellness for both individuals and the health ecosystem at large. Use this understanding to help create predictive models projecting future healthcare conditions, outcomes and economics
- Effective collaborator (within CHC and with customers). Success requires effective internal teamwork (IT, legal, account management, executives) and key external constituents
What Are The Requirements Needed For This Position?
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Data Solutions Field or related area
- Bachelor's degree required (ideally with a strong concentration in statistics or programming
- Advanced SQL expertise with at least 1-2 years’ experience working with large datasets (30 million records +)
- Expertise extracting large datasets and presenting them in Excel or Spotfire
- Basic to intermediate understanding of statistics (predictions, statistical significance, normalization, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with customers, peers, colleagues, and executives. You can succinctly articulate, summarize complex insights in plain English (for eventual consumption by the business and/or customers) priorities in written, verbal, and presentation formats
- Healthcare billing and/or clinical data experience highly desirable (but not necessary)
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
What Critical Skills Are Needed For You To Consider Someone For This Position?
- Demonstrates curiosity/determination/iteration/innovation in using data to improve healthcare
- Experience matching/linking multiple datasets to create cohesive, longitudinal analytic datasets
- Ability to interpret abstract concepts to develop compelling insights, while ensuring their statistical validity
- Internal burning desire to succeed, yet a team player.