The Data Scientist will be responsible for providing data mining and analysis support to Caris R&D for novel diagnostic biomarker discovery, companion diagnostic test development and validation, maintaining data processing pipelines and developing/documenting analysis tools. The successful candidate will possess proficient analytical capability, solid scientific background in cancer biology or mathematics, and strong communication skills.
- Perform statistical analysis and develop analytical tools for clinical and laboratory research data.
- Statistical consulting in experiment design and data interpretation in technology development and biomarker discovery.
- Statistical support for design and development of quality control process for diagnostic assays and products.
- Manipulate and process large multisource data sets.
- Respond to and manage ad hoc requests to ensure accurate, in-depth results/data are delivered in a timely manner.
- Author statistical analysis plans, protocols and reports for clinical and non-clinical evaluations.
- Review clinical study reports for statistical content.
- Provide general informatics support for laboratory research, technology development and clinical studies.
- Ph.D. with 1 - 3 years of relevant experience in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, or a related field with a significant quantitative base.
- Ability to understand scientific questions and formulate statistical and data analysis methods to provide solution to novel problems.
- Ability to query complex data from database.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to explain complex technical details in clear language.
- Proficiency in R, Python, SQL, and Linux.
- Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding user needs and then delighting the customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.