BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas has operations in 75 countries and boasts more than 185,000 employees, including approximately 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: RetailBanking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retailbanking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (tradefinance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
The Innovation Program falls under the Transformation team perimeter and is responsible for the management and co-ordination of innovation strategy for the Americas region. The Innovation Program will be a platform to innovate and implement ideas that positively influence how we operate and challenge the status quo of the organization.
Under the umbrella of the Innovation Program a Lab is being established with the goal of supporting CIB Americas maximize their understanding of customers, products, services and operations and to drive data-based opportunities identification, innovation and product design.
The Data Scientists will be part of the core team and will support the head of lab in analyzing business issues / opportunities and solve them through a deep data analytical approach. This position will bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to improve clientexperience, marketing strategy, platform efficiency and employee experience.
Be a center of expertise for data driven analysis, and a driving force for its deployment in BNPP Americas:
• Uncover hidden patterns in BNPP Americas’ data to generate new market opportunities as well as an enhanced clientexperience.
• Apply advanced statistical models to perform patterns identification, and add predictive analysis to enhance its insights.
• Provide knowledge on technology and business trends advising on potential benefits and impacts.
• Explore data valuation opportunities through the delivery of enhanced analytics and the design / development of data-driven products.
• Translate data insights into tools and solutions deployable by businesses such as consolidated data sources in one visual display, smart forecasting tools, commercial steering tools, quality improvements of BNPP’s user facing products, etc.
• Partner with IT initiatives and provide input and enhancement recommendations where appropriate.
Minimum required qualifications
• Master’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other IT related field. A PhD degree is a plus.
• At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a statistician/ data scientist / computational biologist), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis. Analytical engagements outside class work while at school can be included.
• Expertise in data analytics, data science and data visualization.
• Development experience in major analytics programming language (Python, Java, C++, …).
• Expertise in applying machine learning algorithms (Clustering, neural networks, …).
• Experience using mathematical techniques to uncover business trends and solve business issues and translate into recommendation.
• Demonstrated skills in selecting the right tools given a data analysis problem.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency to interact professionally
• Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
• Knowledge of big datatechnologies (HDFS, Spark, Drill,….) is a plus
• Agile to quickly adapt to new situations and conduct projects in a fluid work environment
• Ability to go beyond existing frameworks by suggesting new ideas which are suitable for clients and/or the organization
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.