We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin's vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse specialists you'll contribute to the development of Blue Origins data strategy, help design and test best practices for teams working on analytics and data science problems. This team will generate and deliver insights to the entirety of the organization while focusing on driving emerging technology and data practices to the business.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- 4 years post graduate experience in data analytics/science, working in manufacturing/supply chain
- 3+ year hands-on experience building predictive models on real-world data
- Ability to explain solutions to non-technical & technical stakeholders
- Solid understanding in statistical modeling (regression, classification, sampling, MLE, etc.)
- Expert utilizing statistical learning algorithms from open source software (e.g. R, Python, etc.);
- Ability to deploy solutions (Gitlab/Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experienced in neural networks. (pytorch, keras, tensorflow, etc)
- Comfortable getting and preparing data; this includes using SQL as well as dealing with unstructured data that might require calling APIs, or writing custom scripts
- Willingness to extend beyond core data science work to perform (data wrangling, data prep and data transfers)
- Ability to demonstrate empathy, concern and meet customers' needs with context to their challenge/opportunity
- Take ownership of work and operate under minimal supervision, including working with stakeholders on the production floor
- Ability to assess the effectiveness and accuracy of current and new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Masters or PhD preferred in Physics, Math, Engineering, or other STEM
- Experience working in manufacturing, supply chain, or related domain is highly desirable
- Experience with the AWS cloud platform services associated with Analytics and Deployment (Kinesis, Redshift, Glue, Lambda, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Experience with FastAPI/Flask
- Experience with network/graph analysis, and creating visualizations
- Proficient in ML algorithms for anomaly detection and identification from sensor data
- Working knowledge or direct experience with Gurobi and LP/IP program optimization models