Apply strong expertise in machine-learning, data mining, and information retrieval to design, prototype, and build the next-generation analytics engines and services.
- Understands business problems and designs end-to-end analytics use cases
- Develops complex models and algorithms that drive innovation throughout the organization. This may include improving on-time performance, network planning, etc.,
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
- Collaborates with model developers to implement and deploy scalable solutions
- Provides thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leaders
What the strongest candidates bring to the role...
- Master’s in computer science, statistics, or operations research or related technical discipline. PhD preferred.
- Minimum seven years of experience in a statistical and/or data science role
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimization or related field
- Experience with R, Python, Matlab is required, programming in C, C++, Java
- Experience working with large data sets, simulation/ optimization and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, Arena, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross functional teams
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.