Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA) has the opportunity to become a market leader in consumer engagement and further making high quality health care affordable. Central to realizing this vision is our ability to bring together a vast array of data and information and to apply advanced analytics for more personalized and actionable insights for members’ interaction with BCBSMA.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Works in collaboration with leaders across the company to take on the day to day responsibility for consumer analytics design to discover consumer insights and create consumer personalized recommendation and anticipatory guidance
- Uses advanced analytics, predictive modeling, and evaluation science to mine structured and unstructured data to identify key drivers of member health risk and member experiences for the book of business and for key subgroup
- Develops personalized recommendations and consumer anticipatory guidance for behavior change to improve member health care outcomes and financial wellbeing
- Uses multiple data sources both quantitative and qualitative in addition to transactional data, member reported data, 3rd parties data, or public data to identify issues and build business cases for improvements, new features or processes.
- Utilizes advanced analytic including Machine Learning to inform BCBSMA strategy
- Distills business requirements to define scope and functionality/capability for Enterprise Analytics projects, especially for Account facing and Member facing analytics.
- Utilizes a data-driven approach to inform decision-making, analyze data solutions/data governance performance and reliability, and identify opportunities for optimization and improvement.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, establish priorities, and own deliverables end to end.
Knowledge and Skills
- A deep understanding of business operation, corporate mission, goals, and matrix organizational processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and practical experienceapplying advanced analytics, methodologies, natural language processing, and machine learning algorithms (e.g. regression, random forest, neural networks, decision trees, ect.).
- Experience in the valuation and definition of new data sources, and ability to translate business goals into quantitative metrics.
- Experience in working with large structured and unstructured data sets.
- Ability to independently execute research projects with multiple business stakeholders on firm deadlines
- An understanding of key topics and literature in health care, data science, and applied analytics
- Strong teamwork and ability to solve data and analytics problems through communication and collaboration.
Experience and Education:
- Degree in computer science, statistics, econometrics, applied math, or a quantitative behavioral sciences field is required. Advanced degree (MA or PhD) strongly preferred
- At least 5years in an applied analytics or quantitative research role
- Experience in applying advanced analytics to improve population health, care management, financial management, consumer product, marketing strategy, or consumer digital services
- Data science and modeling experience a must; strong technical skills in programming with SAS, R, Python or other tools.