Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
Less than 5 years
Posted 62 days ago
Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you're helping to create a better world. The business you'll secure and the partnerships you'll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants. ABB is seeking a Data Scientist and Developer for its Cary, North Carolina location. This role will be working in Advanced Analytics team to develop analytic solutions to solve complex industrial and business problems globally at ABB
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Contribute in defining business cases where advanced analytics can be used in manufacturing, marketing, sales, finance, and supply chain, among others.
• Participate in developing advanced analytics strategy for defined business cases.
• Deep knowledge of R Studio, Python, and Spark ML to use and implement analytic models that address advanced analytics applications.
• Assist in selecting best performing analytic models to address the analytics applications aimed at solving business problems.
• Implement top performing analytics models.
• Document work into presentations and internal white papers.
• Work with supervisor and Functional Analyst in a large variety of analytic projects.
• Work with Hadoop and ETL professionals to ensure results of analytics models are properly integrated with data.
• Work with visualization professionals to ensure proper visualization of analytic results in projects.
• Implement and design advanced analytics solutions to address ABB businesses problems/opportunities.
• Research and develop efficient and robust machine learning algorithms.
• Work and collaborate closely cross functionally with domain experts to develop advanced analytic solutions and visualizations.
• Produce meaningful presentations and analyses centered on insights that effectively communicate results and concepts.
• Analyze large datasets to investigate key trends, behaviors and metrics.
• Brainstorm creative solutions for business problems, and support solutions with hypothesis based analytical evidence.
• Develop and implement analytical methodologies, processes, and technological solutions that integrate diverse information solutions and generate analytical insights.
• Develop and maintain semantic Layer structure and usability of applications.
• Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis and automating this for production deployments.
• Identify opportunities for improving business BI Service through information systems and/or no system driver changes.
• Develop clear and concise analytical approach for solution design.
• Evaluate and drive alternative solutions that meet business needs while maintaining standards.
• Assist in the installation, management, maintenance, and optimization of internal and cross functional processes related to IS Services.
• Plan and lead assignments, track progress, communicate milestones and escalate issues.
• Lead and execute proof of concept testing in a cross team environment to validate design assumptions.
• Configure BI Tools and other applications to enable defined business processes and maintain configuration documentation.
• Define and document functional specifications for custom developed applications and enhancements based on business requirements.
• Work with various stakeholders in IS and in the business to design solutions and ensure their alignment.
• Develop a variety of analytic solutions to be used inside the organization.
• Define and develop visualizations for analytic applications.
• Test analytic solutions when necessary.
• Must have a Master's in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related field with specialization in Data Science.
• Must have 1.5 years industrial experience in data analytics.
• Must have 2 years of experience in Python or R-Studio programming.
• Preferred specialty concentrations: software development, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics.
• Knowledge in programming on Big Data environments such as Hadoop, Spark, Scala are highly desirable.
• Deep knowledge in generic software development.
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-Starter, creative, and innovative approach to problem solving.
• Organization and attention to detail is important.
• Have knowledge on database management tools such as SQL, NOSQL, Data Lakes, etc.
• Have experience or background in one or more disciplines such as business, finance, marketing, purchasing, inventory, and manufacturing is highly desirable.
• Knowledge in visualization tools such as PowerBI, HTML5, Tableau, Qlikview is highly desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB