New York, NY
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Less than 5 years
Posted 243 days ago
In your role as Data Scientist and Cognitive Engineer will work with other Cognitive agile team members through the phases of use-case data exploration and prototyping to the design, implementation and deployment of the resulting Cognitive services supporting the use-case.
* Work with a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers and QA engineers.
* Perform data collection, preprocessing, feature engineering, data visualization and analysis.
* Build automation of data collection and preprocessing.
* Build models to address business problems.
* Engage with lines of business, users and analysts to explore and prototype opportunities and use-cases exploiting data and the application of cognitive and machine learning technologies.
* Design, develop, test and support Cognitive microservices to operationalize and productize deployment of resulting models and cognitive solutions.
Highly preferred skills and experience:
* Modern, object-oriented or functional programming experience, (Java, C++, Python, Scala, SQL, R)
* Data Science and Machine Learning Frameworks (“R”, Apache Spark / MLlib, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, etc…)
* Natural Language Processing (NLTK, CoreNLP, Gensim, Spacy, etc..)
* Experience with Big-Data technologies and cloud (AWS, other)
* Linux / Bash scripting
* Relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
* Agile development methodology
* CI/CD Development environments and tools (GIT, Maven, Jenkins, etc)
* RESTful Microservice APIs
* Strong analytical skills. Previous experience or education focused on statistics or data science is valuable.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related degree.
* 2-4 years related work experience.
* Experience in working on an Open Source project a plus but not required.
* Good English language skills
* Appreciate the value of diversity (in all its forms) brings to our team and company