Job Description : Department Overview:
Sikorsky’s Intelligent Technologies Analytics & Sustainability (iTAS) team applies Sikorsky-developed technology, processes and expertise to aircraft data in order to drive proactive decision-making throughout the business.
Data generated from on-board health usage and monitoring system (HUMS), aircraft operations, and aircraft maintenance is collected, conditioned and analyzed to identify opportunities for improvements to an aircraft’s design and supportability.
The ultimate goal of iTAS is to increase the availability of supported aircraft, reduce operational costs and to enable a strategic business shift to condition-based maintenance.
iTAS’ rapidly evolving Analytics Development team functions like a small startup within Sikorsky, continuously developing solutions in pursuit of these objectives, and working with a wide variety of internal customer and expert groups.
This position, within the iTAS Analytics Development team, is critical to the expansion of analytical capabilities and technologies that enable the organization to extract intelligence from fielded aircraft data, and to remain a leader in the field of aircraft analytics.
The selected candidate will act as a technical lead on a team charged with evolving analytic products for both Military and Commercial Programs.
Act as technical lead on team of analysts / data scientists, handling project execution tasks and developing/conducting analytics. Communicate with iTAS customers to understand requirements and produce outputs aligned with strategic business objectives, within schedule and budgetary constraints. Evolve predictive analytics capability for commercial and military programs.
Analyze and interpret data leading to development and implementation of predictive models / forecasting and decision optimization. Enable proactive identification of impending fleet issues, propose solutions, validate results and monitor success.
Apply experience with multivariate statistical analysis (linear & logistic regression, categorical analysis, cluster analysis, statistical sampling, decision trees, multidimensional scaling, etc.) as technical team lead. Conduct continuous research to identify new analytical products/methods for use within iTAS. Mentor other employees.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Engineering, Math/Stats or a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities; ability to devise solutions for complex business problems
- Expert with data mining/analysis tools (e.g. SPSS, SAS JMP, Tableau, R, Python, Oracle SQL, SQL Server, Excel)
- Experience with multivariate statistical analysis (e.g. linear & logistic regression, categorical analysis, cluster analysis, statistical sampling, decision trees, multidimensional scaling, etc.), machine learning and big data solutions.
- Able to write SQL queries and perform analyses on datasets produced
- Familiar with all phases of the project lifecycle: requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, and support
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to coordinate team activities with aggressive deadlines
- Self-starter with can-do attitude and a strong sense of ownership
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams and customers to devise and implement solutions
- Familiarity with aircraft support/engineering concepts
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills