Fort Lauderdale, FL
Industry: Leisure and Travel•
Less than 5 years
Posted 376 days agoby Jay Reynolds
Data Scientist Analyst – Artificial Intelligence
Data Scientist to design and implement cutting edge solutions across a breadth of domain areas. The ideal candidate is well grounded in a mathematical, statistical and probability background, with a broad knowledge of machine learning techniques and cognitive services.
The AI Focused Data Scientist will work with a multidisciplinary team of driven people to deliver end to end solutions that improve guest experience and address pain points of the business across domains like recommendation engines, Natural Language Processing, Collaborative Filtering, Machine Vision, Clustering, Classification, Regression, Deep Learning, and/or statistical modeling.
This person is accountable for driving valuable fact-based and quantitative consumer insights from internal and external systems and to synthesize key findings which inform business, IT and executives of alignment on strategic strategies and opportunities. The ideal candidate will increase the maturity of our current analytics capabilities by progressing from traditional BI to true machine intelligence and take advantage of the emerging technologies around predictive analytics and artificial intelligence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys diving deep into data, doing analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. It will be a person who Experience a passion for learning and wants to innovate our business through the art of data science and artificial intelligence.
Major responsibilities include:
* Analyze source data and data flows, working with structured and unstructured data
* Manipulates high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends
* Understands business needs and applies AI/Machine Learning technology to solve real-world problems
* Uses analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, culling actionable insights using advanced statistical techniques such as predictive statistical models, customer profiling, segmentation analysis, survey design and analysis and data mining.
* Analyzes and visualizes diverse resources of data, interpret results in the business context, and report results clearly and concisely
* Executes both descriptive and ad hoc requests in a timely manner. Experience the ability to work with product and enterprise teams via both Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
* Communicates and presents models to business customers and executives
* Works collaboratively with different parts of our business and is able to present result in a clear and concise manner
* Promotes a strong sense of analytics culture based on data facts, teamwork and contribution and is able to Teach and mentor others in the use of AI/Machine Learning
* Tracks effectiveness of data models, incremental sales and ROI per selection, interpret data models and provide insights to management.
* Supports research related to customer based analytical practice and develop communications for management and strategies for building institutional knowledge
* PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics
* Demonstrated ability in the application of Machine Learning/AI in real-world industrial settings with large scale data
* Experience with Deep Learning tools such as TensorFlow
* Experience with Agile software development
* Experience with contributing to open source projects is a plus
* Experience of SAS programming using SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/STAT, and SAS/GRAPH, SAS Stored Processes in a data intense environment
* Experience in a large corporation or consulting firm practicing marketing strategies, modeling, CRM and management sciences/statistics is; Highly desired.
Knowledge and Skills (Our ideal candidate):
* Must have a strong background in one or more of the following: Mathematical, Statistics, Probability, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Pattern Recognition, Large Scale Data Mining or Artificial Intelligence.
*Experience delivering previous AI based projects and can tell success and failure stories from their customers. You should have a solid sense of lessons learned and plan for improvement.
*Experience in modeling, customer segmentation, analytical reporting, survey analysis, key driver analysis and dashboards.
*Experience with and a strong proficiency using Tensor Flow, MXNet, Theano, Caffe or other open source frameworks. You have solid understanding of underlying concepts of Tensor Flow (as an example) to understand/enhance the inner workings of an AI framework of choice
* Knowledge and can quickly ramp-up and leverage cloud-based cognitive service APIs such as Microsoft Azure, AWS and/or IBM Watson.
* Has passionate about your work, but willing to support several projects at one time and can accept reprioritization as necessary.
* Comfortable delivering within an agile program.
* Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or Physics
* 2+ years of experience of functional programming with Python, Scala, OR LISP
* 2+ years of experience with SQL, Spark, OR Hadoop
* 2+ years of experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques and tools to include one or more of the following: neural networks, regression, classification, or clustering
* 2+ years of experience with data sources and platforms to include one of more of the following: Unix/Linux, Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle, SQL Server, OR DB2
* Strong oral and written skill
*** POSITION IS IN MIAMI, FL ***