Prime Video is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our vision is to provide the most comprehensive global video service that customers choose first and spend the most time engaged with. Our Amazon Prime subscription streaming service provides a broad selection of shows, movies and live sports included with customers' subscription to Amazon Prime. With TVOD (Rent or Buy) and Channels (subscribe to premium channels such as HBO or Starz), we augment our proposition by giving customers immediate access to the broadest selection of video content available anywhere (nearly 200,000 titles), and we drive monetization opportunities for our business.
The Worldwide Marketplace Science Team within Amazon Prime Video builds commercial optimization tools for our TVOD and Channels businesses. In this role, you will invent science and systems for TVOD and Channels, including ML-based pricing, personalized promotions, and subscription bundles, among others. You will work with a team of economists and machine learning scientists to design commercial products, and you will work with technology teams to productize and maintain the associated solutions.
We are looking for the next outstanding data scientist to join our interdisciplinary team of analysts, data scientists, economists, and engineers. The ideal candidate combines data-science acumen with strong business judgment. You have versatile modeling skills and are comfortable extracting insights from observational and experimental data. You translate insights into action through proofs-of-concept and partnerships with engineers to productionize. You are excited to learn from and alongside seasoned analysts, scientists, engineers, and business leaders. You are an excellent communicator and effectively translate business ideas and technical findings into business action (and customer delight).
o Partner with business, finance, and tech teams to build models and productized science for TVOD and Channels, such as:
o Targeting and personalizing promotions
o Optimize content lifecycling and pricing across lines of business
o Valuing portfolios of TVOD content
o Serve as a science / strategy advisor to global TVOD and Channels businesses
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• 2 years working as a Data Scientist
• PhD-level training in computer science, statistics, or highly quantitative field OR an MS with 2+ years experience on a data, research, or applied science team OR equivalent applied research experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics
• Expertise in applying supervised and unsupervised algorithms to large-scale data
• Keen judgment for balancing research depth and pacing
• Able to operate autonomously in scoping, executing, and delivering projects
• Excitement to shape the future of Prime Video!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Valid through: 11/13/2021