$80K — $100K *
Data Science at Albertsons is inspired to build best in class customer experience and revolutionize the food and drug retail industry. We are looking for people who are excited in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of AI and digital technologies. The Data Science team collect and rely on big data from existing stores and customer interactions at the 2300 nationwide stores and beyond. We are a highly driven team that apply data science to delight our customers, to improve store operations, to optimize supply chain and to proactively improve product lifecycle.
You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into business impacts on regular basis. You'll work closely with other data scientists and business partners in identifying and defining data science projects, building machine learning algorithms and models on top of existing data platforms. The candidate will have a background in computer science or a related technical field with experiences working with large data sets and applying data-driven decision making. A successful candidate will be both technically strong and business savvy, with a passion to make an impact through creative storytelling and timely actions. You are a self-starter, smart yet humble, with a bias for action.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Collaborate with business teams to develop production grade machine learning models on large-scale datasets and improve customers' overall shopping experience
* Enhance and apply customer lifetime value models to support various business decision making
* Generate sentiment analysis based on surveys and customer feedbacks in order to deliver lovable customer experiences
* Identify key drivers for customer satisfaction and opportunities to delight customers through mining complex data
* Apply machine learning to enhance recommendation engines and deliver personalized user experience on ecommerce website and loyalty mobile app
* Build models and algorithms to fuel growth initiatives for Digital, Merchandising, Marketing and Loyalty teams
* Apply predictive modeling techniques to optimize the forecasts for planning needs
* Scale up prototypes and implement reliable automated production workflow for models
* Collaborate with software development engineers to integrate models
* Masters or PhD degree in quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Math, Statistics or related fields
* 2+ years of industry experience in applying data science and modeling methodologies: regression model, survival model, ensemble modeling, NLP, recommendation algorithm, clustering, deep learning algorithm, experimental design (Multivariate/A-B testing) and nonparametric Bayesian modeling etc.
* 2+ years of experience and proficiency in SQL, Python and/or Spark-ML
* 2+ years of SQL development skills writing queries, transforming data, mining structured and unstructured data.
* 2+ years of hands-on experience in building data science solutions and production-ready systems on big data platforms such as Snowflake, Spark, Hadoop
* Strong teamwork and communication skill
* Ability to write production-level code in Python
* Experience with Snowflake, Azure Databricks is a strong plus
Valid through: 11/10/2020