We are seeking experienced Data Scientists to join our Data and Analytics team. This is a great opportunity for results-oriented, entrepreneurial individuals who have a great record of accomplishment for delivering business results. As a data scientist on our team, you will help to build models that will inform the way our clients run their businesses. You will help them go from big data to production with state of the art prediction models. You will help the business visualize data and draw out insights and interact with engineering and product management teams to implement your models. Join us today, and become a leader of this highly motivated, cooperative, and fun-loving team!
- Manipulating data and helping develop methodologies to model and predict business outcomes
- Prototyping, developing, and refining data-driven product metrics and features
- Helping to govern and manage the enormous and complex pipeline of data that the client uses in their product and decision-making.
- Helping to develop the skills of the broader data and analytics team as data-savvy leaders who ask great questions and make informed decisions
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL)
- Ability to work with large semi-structured datasets (Hadoop, Spark)
- Fluency in a modeling language such as R, Python scientific computing libraries, or Matlab.
- Experience in NoSQL database (e.g. MongoDB) and Relational database (e.g., Oracle, SQLServer or PostgreSQL)
- MS in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Applied Economics or in another highly quantitative field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in data mining, machine learning, and/or quantitative analysis
- Ability to distill problem definitions, models and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
- A natural curiosity and desire to learn
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Applied Economics or in another highly quantitative field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Expertise at working with very large, disparate data sets, including charting and visualizations
- Strong communication and data presentation skills