In this position, you will research and develop innovative Machine Learning based approaches to help us deliver on our vision of helping make sure every employee is engaged and has their voice heard at work. You will have the opportunity to autonomously own part of our data strategy, work in one of the world's most diverse and complex data environments and bring together loosely structured datasets to find actionable outcomes that improve our customers' experience.
We are looking for Data Scientists who have the experience of using data to produce models that power real-world solutions which are actively being used by customers. The successful candidate will also have experience working with a development team to translate their models into working software.
You will have success in this role if you have a preference for an entrepreneurial company where there is not a rigid structure and you have a chance to shape the work and the craft. You want to be challenged in your work and be recognized and rewarded by your peers. Most importantly, you want to be in a place that’s full of people like you – “A-players” who are fiercely intelligent, share a passion for their work, and know how to have fun!
- Work with a team of ambitious and passionate data scientists on a variety of projects. Use both your IQ and EQ to support yourself, your team, and your company in achieving more inside and outside the office.
- Work with Product Managers and Development teams to develop Machine Learning Solutions and scripts that will be built into software products.
- Work with the Workforce Science team to push the boundaries on what is known about the “how” and “why” of the ways people work and interact with their peers.
- Work with the Product team or other internal teams to analyze data such as feature usage and adoption and uncover insights to guide future product investments or business directions.
- Work with the Client Success team to explore how recognition/engagement data relates to customer data and business metrics.
- Bring an “A-Player” attitude: aiming for the happiness of your stakeholders; erring on the side of quick communication and deep collaboration; strong sense of integrity and respect toward your colleagues (and everyone) that you express with helpfulness – you’re a team-player
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Computer science, Behavioural Science or Mathematics preferred
- 3+ years of experience analyzing product’s data, building ML algorithms or making product focused impact with Data Science.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging data for actionable insights using different techniques including AI and ML.
- Demonstrated experience working with both structured and unstructured data and a deep understanding of ML algorithms and statistical modeling.
- Have software engineering skills (scripting is important for quick prototyping, but knowledge in OOP is crucial for the long run), fluency in Python, experience in deep learning libraries such as PyTorch / Tensorflow / Keras – Bonus if you are proficient in Spark
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience working in social networks, recommender systems and/or NLP applications
- Have deployed models to production with an engineering team
- Excellent communication – written, conversational, presentation, and data-visualization.
- Experience with both software engineering (ideally in an agile environment and with programming best practices) and empirical science.
- Experience in an HR space (e.g. People Analytics) or knowledge of Organizational Psychology is highly desirable.
- PhD in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or in another highly quantitative field
- Expertise in machine learning methods including Time series analysis, State-space models, Mixed-effect models, Longitudinal data analysis, Hierarchical Bayes; and Learning techniques such as Decision Trees, Boosting, Random Forests, Deep Learning, Neural Networks
As Achievers employees, we are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our product and love our culture. Achievers is more than just a software company; we are industry leaders in the HR space.